Quote from: SugarD-x on Jan 26, 2019, 09:23 amIn order to provide a professional and safe environment for our players, and maintain our popularity and legal protection, the following must be true about any servers we host, regardless of how or where:
1. The server must be on a reliable host, and have 24/7/365 uptime.
2. The server must be kept as secure as possible. This includes with any scripts, permissions, passwords, or modifications used.
3. The server must contain anti-DDoS protection. This is a requirement that cannot be bypassed.
4. The server must be legally hosted. The community CANNOT and WILL NOT be held responsible for anything that is against the law.
5. The server must allow access to and control by all of the Server Owners, and the respective assigned ranks underneath. If there is an incident, the Server Owners and those they assign to manage things need to be able to properly access what is necessary to resolve the problem.
6. The server must be publicly-available. (Test servers and the like are exempt for obvious reasons).
7. The server must be something that stays online for an extended period of time. We are not offering servers that we get bored with, and later decide to take down and spend the money on something else.
8. The server must stay updated and be maintained at all times. If possible, automated services to support this are also encouraged.
9. The server should support GameTracker services, when able. If it can't, it must support at least one other similar non-paid service that allows the embedding of stats, information, and/or online/offline status code on our website.
10. The server must be accessible by IP address and/or URL. If a protocol handler is also available for connecting to the server in addition to an IP address and/or URL, it is also encouraged to have this be included.
Quote from: SugarD-x on Jul 26, 2019, 11:56 amSponsored Servers must follow the normal Game Server Hosting Standards, and all additional standards set forth in the Volunteer Agreement signed by the Sponsored Server's owner(s), as well as the following:
1. Owners of Sponsored Servers must be highly trusted members of the community with no excessive punishment history in any parts of the community itself.
2. Sponsored Servers must use the "Asshat Gaming" community name. Using other community names defeats the purpose of the Sponsored Servers system.
3. Sponsored Servers must be noted in specific advertising locations throughout the community to be specifically a "Sponsored Server" so users can differentiate them from normal servers.
4. Sponsored Servers are still subject to all normal server standards.
5. Sponsored Servers must grant "Server Owners" and "Community Leaders" of the community reasonable administrative access. The owner(s) of the Sponsored Server should also have their own administrative access for obvious reasons.
6. Owners of Sponsored Servers must not violate any community rules, any laws, or any guidelines set forth as part of their Volunteer Agreement.
7. Owners of Sponsored Servers must sign the Volunteer Agreement before their server can go live under the "Asshat Gaming" community name.
8. Sponsored Servers may collect donations to pay for their fees for running, but no profit is allowed to be made by any Sponsored Servers.
9. Sponsored Servers may not charge for access.
10. Owners of Sponsored Servers should be given a "Division Leader" position for their server's division, and all applicable rights, forum boards, and server access therein shall be granted.