FTB Revelation Server Info!

Started by HG-Bounder-X, Jul 26, 2019, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HG-Bounder-X

Feed the Beast Revelation

Feed the Beast Revelation is a Minecraft modpack. It is general all-purpose pack with a focus on stability and performance.

There are over 200+ mods in the pack. Some change the base game in small ways, some add tons of new things to explore.
New Biomes? Tons of them! Fully Automate absolutely everything? Sure! Though this can obviously cause lag if overdone. Are you a builder? Then the 'ArchitectureCraft' and 'Chisels and Bits' mods open up infinite possibilities.

Mod List: https://ftb.gamepedia.com/FTB_Revelation

Modpack Description from Twitch App
Revelation is a general all-purpose modpack with optimal FPS, server performance and stability.  This is the largest pack ever built to date, by the Feed The Beast Team.  Ongoing development, support and updates insure you will have the best experience as a player whether your a seasoned player or new to modded Minecraft.
Revelation is not a themed pack nor a focused pack, it's a pack designed to cater to a large amount of players, whether you like tech mods, magic mods, exploration, building or all of those then this pack is for you.  With a Forge Mod Loader count of well over 200, this pack has most everything a player is looking for with performance and stability being the main focus of design and mod choice.  Minimal changes have been made to the mods so you experience each mod the way the developers intended.  Also this proves very helpful when learning a new mod using a Wiki.
Large well-known mods such as EnderIO, Applied Energistics, Thaumcraft, Botania, Thermal Expansion, Immersive Engineering and Project Red are present in Revelation, as well as some lesser known mods like Rustic, Gadgetry,  Thut's Elevators and xnet.  Twilight Forest also makes a comeback in Revelation v2.0.0+ for all the exploration players.
Whether you want to build in a cave and reach the end of progression in a week, or build complex bases loaded with tech and magic infrastructure all while armoring up to take on the bosses in Twilight Forest, then Revelation is the perfect modpack for you.

A Few Bullet Points
Important: Teams and Chunk Claiming are a thing in this game. I recommend you read the section immediately after this to learn about it.
• The server is Hosted in New York City, USA. It was the closest option to Canada and Europe while still being located in the US.
• PvP is enabled, though I would definitely prefer people don't go around murdering everyone they see. This is more Friendly PvP.
• The rules are the same as other AHG server, there's a sign in game. In short: Don't be mean/rude, no griefing, and don't create massive factories of lag.
• My Username on the forums and Disc is HG-Bounder-X or Bounder-X. However in games my username is Squislaiden.

• If this if your first time playing a modpack, I recommend gathering a bit of everything and selecting one or two mods. Then look up a starting guide on youtube to learn how to get started. Several Mods have an in-game book that can instruct you as well.

Handy Tips: The inventory screen has a list of every item in the game.
You can Left-Click or press R to find out how to make an item.
You can Right-Click or press U to find out what you can use an item to make.
At the bottom of the screen is a Search Bar. If you preface a word with @ it will search for a specific Mod and list its items.
--If any Keybind is not working, open up the keybind menu and change conflicting keys. There's even a button that will list every Conflict.

Teams and Chunk Claiming
There's a mod called FTB Utilities that adds a lot of player options.
When you open your inventory, in the top left there will be several buttons.
Teams
The icon with 3 people allows you to join or create a team, which allows you to Claim Chunks. Teammates, by default, can build in your claimed chunks. All claimed chunks of players within a team are shared as the team's.
The settings for the team can be adjusted, they affect claimed chunks only.

Claim Chunks
The Map icon opens a map of the nearby area. Left Click to claim a chunk. Right Click to unclaim. Shift Left Click will ChunkLoad a claimed chunk.
Claim: Claiming a chunk means that only you or your teammates can Build/Destroy, Interact, Attack, or Use Items. Explosions can also be disabled in claimed chunks.
Chunk Loading: A Loaded Chunk means that even if nobody ie nearby or online, the chunk will stay loaded in the server and things will keep happening. This is usually used for automated things. A Warning, Loaded Chunks are often a source of lag on servers, so please be conservative.

Leaderboards
The Minecraft sign icon opens the leaderboards. This tracks several things like deaths, kills, jumps, etc. for every player on the server.

Server Address
Minecraft: Feed The Beast Revelation
IP Address: ftbr.asshatgaming.com
Port: 25565

Installation
There are several places you can download modpacks. I will list the ones I know and trust that provide this pack.
Alternatively, you can just type 'FTB Revelation download' into Google.

ADVICE: In the Settings of the individual app you download, you should change the RAM allocated to at least 6 GB, if you can, in order to greatly reduce game lag. Downloading Optifine and adding it to the pack can also help a lot.

Twitch App: https://www.twitch.tv/downloads

MultiMC: https://multimc.org/#Download

If it isn't obvious yet, the Modpack is called "Feed the Beast Revelation". The version is 3.0.1. The pack is fairly finished and stable, so the version won't ever likely change.

Useful In-Game Commands (These are all listed on signs at spawn too)
/rtp - This will teleport you randomly up to 2000 blocks away.
/spawn - This will teleport you back to spawn.
/tpa NAME - This will send a request to teleport to another player. They must then click the Accept button in their chat.
/sethome NAME - This will set a Home for you. Each player is allowed up to 3 different homes.
/home NAME - This will teleport you to one of your created Homes.

Waystones: These are not commands, but actual blocks in game. Right Clicking on them opens a list of every Waystone you've found along with Global Waystones that you can teleport to. Global Waystones are made by Admins and listed in yellow. They are common serverwide locations, such as The End Portal.

*All Teleport Commands have a windup time of 3-4 seconds and a cooldown of 1-2 minutes.

About Me
Long ago I played Starcraft with SugarD-x in Clan Xperience. We eventually lost contact until I found him on Social Media. I joined Asshat Gaming Discord not long after.
As for the Server, several times a year, I host MC servers for a few friends for a month or two. With Sugar's community up, I decided to set up a more permanent server in the hopes of getting more than the 2-3 people I normally play with.